Assignment writing help
Assignment writing help
Top 10 things citizens can do to oversee elections
Citizens have the power to make elections public and fair to everyone. In order to learn what you can do in order to improve the fairness of the election process, here is a list of 10 things citizens can do to oversee elections
- The first and the most important thing you can do is ask questions. Black Box Voting is a place where you can start looking for ways to improve the election process in your area.
- Use your common sense instead of being a soldier for a political party, fighting their turf wars. Individual thinkers are the best keepers of democracy. Instead of trying to make people see things your way, try completing a meaningful action and really make a difference. If every citizen takes one single action in order to change things for the better, there is nothing to stop the progress.
- Get other citizens involved in elections oversight, there are many ways to include your friends and neighbors.
Become an active part of the elections process.
- Throw a house party and invite people to inform them on the ways they can oversee the elections.
- Call for a town meeting and let your townsfolk know that they can and should manage their government
- Talk to different groups of people about elections.
Don't wait for the media to spread the word, take immediate action. If you come by a piece of information regarding any form of irregularity, spread that news on your blog or social network account. Make sure that your words go far and wide so everyone would get the news.
- Watch the voting system testing
- Check the accuracy of voter registration rolls
- Become a poll worker or election judge
- Watch the voting process
- Watch the counting process
- Watch the chain of custody
- Audit the election
You can adopt a public official and make sure that that person is doing their job to the best of their ability. If there is a need, you can educate your public official, let them know how they can improve their performance.
Make sure that your government is doing what they promised to do. Check what they told they will change and see how much is done so far. Make your government accountable.
Make sure that your officials are not getting paid off by some individual or organization. Learn how to follow the money trail.
Count the votes yourself to make sure that everything is in order.
You have the right to file a lawsuit if you find out there is a reason for that. Collect all the evidence and don't be afraid to take action.
This site has moved